Public Liability

Public Liability Claims

Accidents that occur in a public place that is not related to your work may be covered by a public liability claim. Whether you have slipped and fallen in a supermarket or been hurt on a private property we can help, starting with a free initial consultation. 

Can I Make a Claim?

If you have been hurt in an accident and another party is at fault – whether they’re an individual, a business or an organisation – you may be able to make a claim. For public liability claims, you make the claim against the at-fault party’s insurance.

Some places where you may be able to make a public liability claim include:

  • Hotels
  • Footpaths
  • Parks
  • Schools
  • Rental properties
  • Supermarkets

Examples of incidents that may be covered include: 

  • Slipping and falling
  • Food poisoning
  • Animal attacks – for example a dog bite
  • Sporting-related accidents  

After My Accident – What to Do Next?

To receive compensation – either now or into the future – you need to be sure to follow important steps. Immediately after your accident you should have: 

  • Informed the responsible party of the incident
  • Taken photos of where on your body you have been hurt, the location of the incident, and any cause(s) of your accident
  • Seen your doctor promptly

Making a Claim With Bartels Lawyers

Independent insights can provide you with key information about your situation. The public liability process can often be complicated and subject to time limits. A dedicated lawyer can explain everything and help to build your case. 

To investigate making a claim with us start by contacting us by phone or email. We will organise a free, face to face meeting with an expert lawyer who will work with you throughout the process, should you proceed with a claim.

What Will My Compensation Cover?

If you receive compensation from a public liability claim, it can help you by providing compensation for:

  • Medical costs – present and future
  • Suffering and reduced enjoyment of life
  • Home care
  • Lost income  

To discuss your claim with an independent and expert compensation professional, call Bartels Lawyers on (07) 3341 2222.